Monday, October 5, 2009

Movie Review - The Brothers Bloom


While I'd never want to be a victim of a con game, I love con movies.  Ocean's 11, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and the like.  If you enjoy them as I do, check out The Brothers Bloom, recently released on DVD.  It didn't make a huge splash at the box office, but no matter.  It's quirky, funny, poignant, sad and sweet at the same time.  Mark Ruffalo, Adrien Brody and Rachel Weisz are a great team and weave quite a tale. I also enjoyed the performance of the virtually mute Bang Bang, played by Rinko Kikuchi.  She provided much comic relief and was hysterical in her own quiet way.

The movie got a PG-13, easily explainable by (I think) one incidence of an F-bomb, and two characters sleep together (although it's not really shown).  And there's some blood, from mostly fake wounds during their nefarious con jobs.  So, not exactly for my parents and young kids, but certainly fine for adult con-movie fans.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails