Sunday, October 14, 2012

Women of Faith 2012 -
An Invitation to Celebrate What Matters


Hey ladies! Has life got you harried and needing a little break?  Let me invite you to Women of Faith!  If you're able to get away on a Friday night and most of a Saturday, I highly encourage you to attend one of these fabulous conferences.  You'll laugh, cry, learn and worship with thousands of other women in assembly halls around the country.  I attended Women of Faith last year and had such a great time.  It's a marvelous weekend of rejuvenation and spiritual growth that I would recommend to anyone.

If you're in the Charlotte, NC area, join me at the Celebrate What Matters event being held at the Time Warner Cable Arena.  The lineup of speakers and artists this year looks really great!  My favorite singer, Amy Grant will be there, as well as former American Idol contestant Mandisa.  I'm also looking forward to hearing from Patsy Clairmont and Chonda Pierce, who will make your sides hurt from laughter and your heart sing from their powerful messages.  Ballet Magnificat, America's premier Christian ballet company will also be performing.  I've never seen a dance production like this at a Women of Faith event, but I'm sure it's going to be beautiful and inspiring.

If Charlotte is not a good location for you, there are many other event sites around the country.  Check out the Women of Faith website for a full listing, but here are a few upcoming dates that may be in your area:

The Plano, TX event looks really special, with its Christmas-themed music and storytelling.  There are other events continuing on into 2013, so if you can't make it this year, be sure and check it out whenever you can.  I can promise you, you will come away feeling refreshed and renewed to face life's challenges.  I don't normally gravitate towards ladies' gatherings, but Women of Faith has won me over.  They do an outstanding job in ministering to women on a large scale, and it's definitely worth the time and effort to attend.

Here's a short video with testimonies from women to attended a recent event.  You can hear in their voices how touched they were by their time there:




Here's a bit more information about Women of Faith, right from their website:

Women of Faith events are produced by the world’s largest producer of inspirational events, Live Event Management Inc., a Thomas Nelson company based in Plano, Texas. Through authentic connection with audiences, humor, an atmosphere of encouragement and support, and our line-up of world-class talent including well-known Christian authors and performers, Women of Faith delivers life-changing messages via high-quality programs in cities across North America.

If this sounds like the kind of Friday night and Saturday that you'd like to have, start praying now about attending.  For many of us, our desire to go may seem overshadowed by external forces, like taking time off of work or getting childcare for our kids.  But I can tell you that if it's the Lord's will for you attend one of these events, He can certainly make it happen.  There have been countless stories told over the years by women who overcame remarkable barriers to be there, with the Lord's hand leading the way.

And of course, if you're going to be at the Charlotte event this coming weekend, let me know-- I'd love to meet you in person!  I'll also be back here on The Calico Critic, reporting about the event and my experiences there.  2012 has been a rough year in more ways than one for me, and I am eagerly anticipating my time away.  I'm sure it's going to be great.  Hope to see you there!



      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails