Thursday, October 3, 2019

Ten Years: Happy Birthday to The Calico Critic!

My 4 yr-old Son Colson & Me in 2009
While I don't post as often as I used to due to my graduate studies, somehow this little blog keeps kicking after ten years. On October 3, 2009 I began this site after discovering the world of book bloggers in my search to win a copy of Suzanne Collins' novel, Catching Fire. This led to my discovery of Austenesque fiction, and thanks to the help of authors like Sharon Lathan and Monica Fairview, I was able to get my foot in the door with publishers like Sourcebooks to acquire advanced copies (ARCs) of Jane Austen fan fiction (JAFF). Interestingly, my blogging peaked back in 2010, with 136 posts published that year.  Last year was an all-time low of FOUR posts! I may officially shutter this site one day, but not just yet. I still have a few reviews up my sleeve (and owed to authors whose novels I've promised to review)!  I appreciate your continued support over this last decade, and thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. "I may officially shutter this site one day" - I don't think you're allowed to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Laura. That is quite an accomplishment. Most bloggers don't last more that a year, so well done you. I have enjoyed your reviews and support of Austenesque fiction. YOu would be missed if you closed up shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, ten years! Congrats, Laura! Fun learning how it all got started for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails