Adventures in Odyssey is a program that my family has been enjoying for years. Primarily a radio show, it is an entertaining, educational and spiritually nourishing collection of dramatic stories, set in the fictional town of Odyssey. There are hundreds of episodes, as they have been produced for decades now. My ten year-old son in particular has been riveted for the last couple of years, listening to these 25-minute programs whenever he has the opportunity. While the episodes are still broadcast on the radio around the world, there are many other ways to enjoy them, and he has primarily obtained them through borrowing CDs from our local library and in the collection found at our church.
The Odyssey Adventure Club offers much more than just Adventures in Odyssey episodes, some of which can be seen in the offerings below. If you’re a parent or loved one of a school-age child, a membership in the Odyssey Adventure Club would make an excellent Christmas gift. Not only will they have a great time in a safe online environment, but they’ll be educated and nourished spiritually along the way. Check out more details below for more information.
Tired of the Christmas shopping, the baking and sugar overload, the Christmas festivities that keep you away from your family during the season? Take time special time to spend with your loved ones and invest in your community—with Focus on the Family's help!
You can download a fun gift to give to your friends, family, and community! Each Christmas stocking stuffer card directs you to a special place to hear an Adventures in Odyssey Christmas episode. Plus, you’ll be able to read a special excerpt from Imagination Station #12, “Danger on a Silent Night.” Sign up here to download the free cards.
Plus stop by this page for a slew of crafts, recipes, and stories to share with your family during this special time of year!
If you're still looking for one last gift to give your kids this year, give the gift of the Odyssey Adventure Club (OAC). It offers safe and free content for everyone in your family, including an Advent calendar, a broadcast download with tips to create a memorable Christmas, AIO cutouts, and Christmas stocking stuffer cards. Membership to the OAC costs just $9.99 a month — or even less if parents make a six-month or one-year commitment. Enrollment provides more than enough content to keep kids engaged throughout the year:
- Access to exclusive content and first looks at books and select Radio Theatre dramas.
- On-the-go access to the OAC app for both iOS and Android users.
- 24/7 streaming access to nearly 800 AIO episodes.
- A new, members-only AIO episode every month.
- A subscription to Adventures in Odyssey Clubhouse Magazine, and more.
November/December 2015 Highlights
- The Android app is now available! (Click for the iOS version.)
- Exclusive content and early access to books and audio dramas every month
- You can now choose to pay $9.99 each month, or you can pay for six months or a full year in advance with automatic renewal.
Things of Note
- November 16–27: “Tales of Christmas Past” Thriving Family Magazine Advent Calendar
- November 28–December 5: FREE download of “Simplifying and De-Stressing Your Holidays”
- December 6–13: Town of Odyssey Cutouts and 101 Sure Fire Ways
- December 14–24: Christmas Stocking Stuffer Cards AND Clubhouse Magazine Christmas Stories, Crafts, and Recipes